Allergens are everywhere, there are many different suspended particles floating in the air, which are the elements that cause human allergies. Different allergens can cause different allergies, the common types of allergy include pet allergies, pollen allergies, and dust allergies. How to prevent allergies naturally and effectively? This article will take you to learn the different kinds of allergies and the detailed methods to prevent them.
Three Main Types of Allergies
Pet allergy is an allergic reaction to proteins found in an animal's skin cells, saliva or urine. Signs of pet allergy include those common to hay fever, such as sneezing and runny nose. Some people may also experience signs of asthma, such as wheezing and difficulty breathing.
Most often, pet allergy is triggered by exposure to the dead flakes of skin (dander) a pet sheds. Any animal with fur can be a source of pet allergy, but pet allergies are most commonly associated with cats and dogs.
Pollen allergy is common in spring, the quality of pollen is so light that can be scattered everywhere with the air. So it is very easy to get in out breathing system, and then it might seriously affecting people's health, like symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, runny nose, difficulty breathing, itchy throat, and swollen eyelids. Allergic diseases caused by pollen allergy include allergic rhinitis, allergic asthma, allergic urticaria, and allergic conjunctivitis..
Dust allergies, like pollen allergies, are inhalant allergies. But most allergies are caused by mites and house dust.
How to Prevent Cat Allergies and Dog Allergies?
Regarding the occurrence of cat and dog allergens, they are mainly airborne to our respiratory system. Cat allergen is too small, they usually exist as dander, hair, and odor. They can hang in the air longer than a week. And because of pets playing around the house, the allergens are hard to kill. Here are some recommended steps to reduce your pet allergies.
- Cats and dogs shouldno longer sleep in bed,which is a small price to pay for allergy relief unfortunately. If your symptoms are under control, it's okay to let them come back while your allergies lessen.
- 2. Wash all bedding with 140-degree hot water at least twice a month,it caneliminate dust mites and cat and dog allergens effectively.
- Place a HEPA air purifier for allergies, with its HEPA working, the pet dander and hairs in the air will be trapped. By so, it well prevent allergy for you.
How to Prevent Dust and Pollen Allergies?
- Wear a mask. Dust allergies are similar to hay fever allergies. If you want to avoid it, you must avoid inhaling the allergen, which is the main cause of dust allergies.
- Try to stay away from woolen items. Dust allergy is caused by allergic reactions to microorganisms in daily life, such as cotton swabs on clothes, fur, various fibers, animal fur, etc.
- Remove mites. Dust allergies in patients have also been linked to mites. Mites are tiny organisms that can cause allergy problems on contact, and the chances of this mite infestation are high, so wash your sheets frequently.
- Wear glasses to prevent dust infection. The eyes are also very prone to dust allergies. Wearing eyes can reduce the probability of body exposure to dust. Wear contact lenses or sunglasses when going out.
- Change clothes frequently. Clothes are often exposed to dust. If a patient wears only one piece of clothing for a long time, the patient is likely to be infected by dust due to the clothing.
- Close the doors and windows. Close doors and windows during the day to prevent dust from entering, especially for people who are allergic to dust, it is very important to keep the home environment clean.
- Avoid allergy season. Patients should minimize the probability of going out during the allergy season, especially in autumn, when it is prone to wind and there will be a lot of dust. This is the most critical time period to prevent dust allergies.
- Air purifier. An air purifier is not only used to reduce the dust in the home, but also can effectively filter and remove allergens, smog, mold, formaldehyde, pet hair, odor, second-hand smoke smell, dust mites, pollen lint and other air pollutants.
How to Prevent Allergies by Improving Diet?
People who are allergic to pollen should pay attention to the intake of sweets and sugar, usually try to reduce high-protein, high-calorie diet, but eat less processed food, and more green vegetables. They are the food that can effectively improve allergic symptoms. The latest Food research on vitamin C shows that it can effectively reduce the level of histamine in the blood, and effectively treat allergies. So get enough of citrus fruits or juices, broccoli, onions, blackberries, and mangoes everyday.
How to Prevent Allergies by Exercising?
Whether you have pollen allergies or not, exercise is the good way to prevent allergy. Moderate exercise, intestinal massage and hot yoga can effectively relieve the symptoms of hay fever. The method of intestinal massage is: use two fingers along the large intestine, massage ten circles in a clockwise direction, and the strength is based on painlessness. The method of hot yoga is: lie on your back, spread your feet to waist width, slowly lift your buttocks, waist, and back in turn when you inhale, and hold for 20 seconds after your back leaves the flat lying surface, exhale, and relax.
What’s more, do not smoke, drink alcohol, and ensure adequate sleep can effectively relieve symptoms of edema and dry skin. Clean your face thoroughly every day, wash your hands frequently, and clean your nasal cavity. These are healthy living habits.
How to Prevent Allergies with a HEPA Air Purifier?
A HEPA air purifier is powerful to filter allergens, with a HEPA filter, it can control the air particles at 0.3 microns. Because allergens are everywhere, in the air, walls, carpets, floors, chairs, using an advanced HEPA air purifier twice a week can effectively keep you away from allergens.
Air purifier for allergy at MSPURE have high working power, all of our products have 3 filtration system, including a pre-filter, a HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter. It covers a large area of 1500 square feet, which is a safe area for patients with allergies and asthma at home. Because ordinary house cleaning can only remove the large dust on the ground, but the allergens in the air cannot be removed during the cleaning process. Just place the air purifier for allergies in the room, and the powerful purification can remove the stubborn dust, pollen, and pet dander in the accumulated air.